Auditions are open to all, not just current members, and new faces are always welcome!
Auditions – Hobson’s Choice – Wednesday 21st February 2018 – 7.30 pm
Performance Dates – 16th to 19th May 2018
The story is set in Salford in 1880. It bears many resemblances to the stories of Cinderella and King Lear including a deceased mother; three daughters, two of whom are pretty and frivolous, the third of whom is clever and hardworking; and a fairy godmother (Mrs. Hepworth)
The youngest daughters of curmudgeonly bootmaker Hobson are anxious to marry and have eligible suitors who must wait until eldest daughter, practical-minded Maggie is promised in marriage. Maggie, however has other plans which include freedom from her father’s tyranny, a business and husband of her own. Her choice: Hobson’s shy apprentice Will Mossop.
- Henry Horatio Hobson
- Maggie Hobson (Hobson’s oldest daughter)
- Alice Hobson (Hobson’s daughter)
- Vickey Hobson (Hobson’s daughter)
- Hepworth (a wealthy customer of Hobson’s)
- William Mossop (Maggie Hobson’s conquest, with whom she eventually develops love)
- Albert Prosser (a lawyer; in love with Alice)
- Fred Beenstock (in love with Vickey)
- Timothy “Tubby” Wadlow
- Jim Heeler
- Ada Figgins
If you have any questions or would like to see a script please contact Wendy Ireland.